What You Need
- Paper or sketchbook
- Coloured crayons, pencils, or marker pens
- A garden, field, or other interesting open space
What You Do
- Go outside and find an interesting place to explore. Look around it thoroughly. If there are any hills or banks, get as high as possible.
- Imagine what the place would look like if you a bird looking down on it.
- Draw what you think the bird can see from high in the sky. How big does everything look? Where is it?
- If you like, you could collect natural items from around the place and show were you found them on the map.
- Give names to all the different parts of the map.