What You Need
- A concrete pavement, patio or driveway, or a an area of dirt or beach sand
- A chalk stub or a stick to mark out the grid
- A marker like a small stone or pebble
What You Do
- Draw a hopscotch grid like the one above on the ground
- The first person throws the marker into the first square.
- They hop through the grid, landing on one foot in single squares and with both feet in double squares, then turn around and come back.
- Pick up the marker on the way back. Stepping on a line or out of the grid ends your turn.
- If you get through, throw the marker into the second square. Keep this up until you are out, or you mark every sqaure!
- To make it harder, make a rule that any square with a marker in has to be skipped.